- "I hated Intro Stat." (followed by a rant about their horrific ordeal)
- "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." / "You can prove anything with statistics."
- Suppressing the reflexive groan hasn't become any easier with practice.
- "Oh that's nice," followed by either:
- "So what exactly does a Statistician do?"
- (More frequently) An abrupt change of topic
Sunday, February 24, 2013
When people ask what I do for a living, I initially avoid outright use of the "S word" - statistician. I'm quite proud of my profession, but just from personal experience, using the S word invokes three common responses: